- Policy applicability
- Types of Personal Information Collected
- When Personal Information is obtained
- How Pin Payments uses Personal Information
- Environmental Data
- Information sharing
- Secure Storage of the Personal Information Collected
- Your Rights
- Roles within the context of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Notification of changes to this policy
- Supplemental Data Policy
- Contact us
Southern Payment Systems is a proprietary limited company that owns and operates the Pin Payments platform. Southern Payments Systems can also be understood to be operating under the business name Pin Payments.
This Policy also covers the choices you can make about the data we collect and how you can impact upon decisions we make based on your personal data.
Complete Terms and Conditions are available within this website and are the authority in the case of inconsistency.
The Policy applies to this website (pinpayments.com) and the Pin Payments platform (dashboard, API etc). It does not apply to services or companies that are linked to from this website.
Types of Personal Information Collected
We require information related to your business and your customers primarily to facilitate your registration, use of Pin Payments, and to meet our regulatory obligations. We strive to be clear about the data we collect and why. We are obligated by law to protect your data and the wellbeing of Southern Payment Systems as an entity depends on it. We do not and will not sell your data to third parties.
In addition to the information you provide to us, Southern Payment Systems may collect information about your business from third parties for the purposes of identification and verification.
Information you provide
We collect personal information you provide to us voluntarily, such as your name, phone number, email address, home address, business address, business name, bank account, tax information, drivers licence and utility bills. This happens during platform signup and or when you contact our support staff for assistance with the Pin Payments platform.
Information that is collected automatically
We automatically collect information about you, such as Environment Data while you use the Pin Payments platform. This is collected using cookies or similar technologies when you interact with the Pin Payments platform and website. We collect information about the type of device you use to access the website and platform, your operating system and software version identifiers, your IP address, your browser type and the pages you view on the platform and website, and lastly, what interactions you have with the content.
Information obtained from other sources
We receive information about you from other sources, including third parties such as credit ratings agencies, identity verification agencies, banks and service partners that are authorized to provide such information. We also seek and receive information about you from social media platforms when you interact with us on those platforms or when we are conducting fraud analysis.
Information relating to children and minors
Southern Payment Systems does not target or market intentionally to children under sixteen. Visitors of all ages may interact with the Pin Payments platform or website, but no information is collected knowingly about those under the age of sixteen without parental consent. If a child under sixteen has registered on the Pin Payments platform using false information the account will be closed and any personal information collected will be erased from records.
When Personal Information is Obtained
Researching Pin Payments
While researching Pin Payments to determine if it is right for you, you may visit the website or contact the sales and support team. While doing this, you may provide personal information, such as your name, email address, and phone number. The website will also implicitly collect information about you via cookies and logging when you visit the Pin Payments website.
- Personal information collected:
- IP address and information derived from cookies and similar technologies.
- This information is used to understand the location (geographically) of visitors, maintain state on our website and flag commonly visited pages so that the website can be improved or customised to meet peoples’ needs.
Converting your test account to a live account
When you are satisfied you understand the Pin Payments platform, what it offers and how you intend to use it, you may then be ready to begin taking real payments. At this point you will need to convert your test account to a live account. In order to process this request, we need additional information. This information is used to meet our regulatory obligations, obligations to banking partners and to be able to forward money to your business as you process payments on the platform.
- Personal information collected:
- Bank account details, Australia Business Numbers.
- This information is required to meet our obligations to tax authorities, banking partners and financial regulators. We use your bank account details in order to transfer your entitlements (proceeds of sales) to your account.
Using the Pin Payments platform
The main reasons we collect information during your everyday use of the Pin Payments platform is to maintain the security, correctness and stability of the platform. This information is also useful in providing customer support. Additionally, we use this information to better direct development effort towards improving our product and service.
- Personal information collected:
- login times and dates, IP addresses, device types, operating system and software versions, key activities performed within your account.
- For the security, correctness and stability of the platform, for customer support and for planning development effort.
Contacting the support team
On occasion you may choose to contact the Pin Payments support team for assistance with the platform. In order to be able to offer the best service possible we may request and collect data from you.
- Personal information collected:
- This might include contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, social media identifiers (if you contact us via Twitter or Facebook), and the content of your communications with support staff.
- This information is necessary to provide excellent support. Any context you provide in your communications may be important to the diagnosis of a problem you may be experiencing, and your contact details will enable the Pin Payments support team to follow up with you in regard to your support requests.
How Pin Payments uses Personal Information
The data collected by the Pin Payments platform is used to provide you with the services offered. This includes using your data to improve and customize your use of the platform. The data is also used to communicate with you relevant events pertaining to your account, new service availability, changes to the way the platform operates and security concerns.
We use the data to operate the Pin Payments platform to ensure merchants can process payments in an efficient, secure, correct and legal manner. The processing of personal information is required to perform our duties in the provision of these services.
The support team respond to merchant inquiries and help diagnose service problems in addition to servicing other requests made by merchants.
Southern Payment Systems uses data for research purposes and to develop and improve the Pin Payments platform in the form of new features, performance enhancements and usability improvements.
Security, Correctness and Dispute Resolution
Personal data that we collect is used to protect the security and safety of the Pin Payments platform, merchants using the platform and the security of merchants’ customers. This may be in the form of fraud detection, the identification of money laundering and confirming the correctness of behaviours by automated systems.
Data collected on the Pin Payments platform is used to ensure compliance, conform with business agreements and to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Data is used in aggregate analysis and business intelligence to operate and report on business processes.
Data is used to personalize communications with merchants. By way of example, this may be in the form of notifications about services relevant to the merchant’s business model, or messages informing merchants of security problems associated with their chosen method of integration with the Pin Payments platform.
- We collect:
- Email address, location, language preference, device type, browser type, browser version, operating system, operating system version.
- We collect this information to help ensure that the Pin Payments platform is fit for purpose, and to customise your experience to better suit your technology or environment, whether that be language, screen size or the capabilities of your device.
Southern Payment Systems does not sell or rent any personal information to marketers or third parties.
Your information will be used for purposes relating to applicant processing and the operation of the Pin Payments platform. This may involve sharing data with third party vendors, financial organisations, tax authorities, credit, risk and collections agencies.
Third Party Vendors
The Pin Payments platform makes use of third-party vendors to provide supporting services. System hosting, secure data storage, risk and credit analysis, fraud detection, security, compliance and email communications are supporting services provided by third-party vendors. Personal Information is only shared as required to meet need in the provision of services on your behalf. Third party vendors are bound by Data Processing Agreements entered into with Southern Payment Systems that detail the limitations of the authorized use of personal information under our control.
See our list of third party sub-processors.
When Southern Payment Systems is legally required to do so. Personal information will be shared with law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies. Information may also be shared with such organisations in the interest of protecting our own rights, the rights of affiliates or merchants in the course of legal proceedings.
Secure Storage of the Personal Information Collected
Southern Payments Systems takes the protection of personal information very seriously. Personal information within the Pin Payments platform is afforded the same protections as our card processing facilities.
The Pin Payments platform is certified at PCI DSS Level 1. The platform undergoes regular security compliance audits to maintain this status. A multitude of technical and organisational measures based on best practice and compliance frameworks are in place to ensure personal information is protected from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access.
Southern Payment Systems will store your personal information as long as it is necessary to provide service and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. When it is no longer necessary to retain personal information it is erased.
Southern Payment Systems appreciates your desire to maintain control of your personal information. The following means of doing so are available to you:
- You can ask for a copy of the personal information we hold on you.
- You can inform us of any changes in your personal information, or you can request corrections to personal information we hold on you.
- Within the limitations of legal and regulatory requirements, you can ask us to erase or restrict personal information we hold on you. In some instances, this may mean we cannot provide service.
- Within the limitations of legal and regulatory requirements, you can request that we forward your personal information to a third party.
- In cases where we are using information with your consent, you remain entitled to withdraw consent.
Requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. A response will be made as quickly as possible.
If you believe Southern Payments Systems has been unable to meet your needs within the framework above, you may be able to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country (if one exists) or a supervisory authority.
Roles within the context of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Southern Payment Systems is a data controller for personal information collected and used on the Pin Payments platform.
Southern Payment Systems is a data processor for personal information collected and controlled by merchants who make use of the services provided by the Pin Payments platform.
Notification of changes to this policy
Southern Payment Systems reserves the right to update or alter this policy and you are encouraged to check it periodically for updates. When the policy has been revised the ‘Last updated’ date at the bottom of this policy will reflect as such.
Supplemental Data Policy
If you have any questions regarding this policy or the use of personal information collected by Southern Payment Systems, please send an email to email@example.com.
Last updated: January 31, 2019